Botswana - Overland Safaris & Tours
Botswana is one of the most famous destinations in the world. The stunning waterways of the Okavango Delta, the Kalahari Sand Dunes and the abundance of wildlife are just a few features of what makes Botswana the ultimate African safari destination.
Most peoples' highlight is the mokoro safari experience in the Okavango Delta - where you will be gently poled by experienced guides through the winding water ways teeming with wildlife. The north eastern region of the Kalahari Basin contains the Makgadikgadi Pans - an extensive network of saltpans and ephemeral lakes.
Must Do's In Botswana
- An absolute must is the spectacular river game cruise at Chobe National Park - time and time again it's noted by our past clients as their number one highlight!
- Take a mokoro safari into the depths of the Okavango Delta.
- Experience the Delta's hidden beauty from the air by taking a flight over the Delta.
- Take an excursion to the Makgadikgadi pans and party up a storm at Planet Baobab!
More On Botswana
Although Botswana has no mountain ranges to speak of, the almost uniformly flat landscape is punctuated occasionally by low hills, especially along the southeastern boundary and in the far northwest. Botswana's highest point is 1491m Otse Mountain near Lobatse, but the three major peaks of the Tsodilo Hills, in the country's northwestern corner, are more dramatic.
The rainy season is from November to March and the best season for wildlife viewing is during the dry winter months (late May to August), when animals stay close to water sources.
Botswana Overland Safari Tips
- It can get very hot in Botswana. You should drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration and use high factor sun lotions.
- Do not swim in rivers or lakes. Always check with your local guide in case wild animals, especially crocodiles are prevalent.
- Full banking services are available in big towns.
- Take medical advice on pre-travel vaccinations and anti-malarials.